Re: bug-i idle

To: "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: bug-i idle
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 12:35:27 -0700
Crash,

You've probably tried all this, but JIC.

Check your piston drop when the engine is off to make sure the piston drops
freely to the bridge. What do you use in the dashpots? I've found too heavy
an oil can sometimes cause what similar symptoms. Check to make sure
pistons rise the same amount/rate when you open the throttle. I like to use
MMO (Marvel Mystery Oil) in them. have you sprayed some WD40 around the
throttle shafts and manifold to check for vacuum leaks? Idle screws
vibrating in or out from their set position?

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
http://www.gerardsgarage.com/fourpoints