Re: Chrome Wires

To: "Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D." <pauld@ekpc.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Chrome Wires
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 13:05:55 -0400
Well I have a set of chrome wires, but I wouldn't sell them to you. I
wouldn't use them, so why would I sell to a list member?? You can have them
for the shipping charges, but they need truing and rechroming - you probably
don't want them. I got new chrome wires from Dayton. They have the stainless
steel spokes. They are available in 4 1/2 inch widths (stock is 4").

You can get Dunlops from Moss or any of the Moss resellers. Only thing is
they are only available in 4" width. I have heard bad things about Dunlops,
but according to Dick Burger (The British Parts Connection www.bpc.com), a
Moss reseller, they are better now than they used to be. For the same price,
or close enough for government work (or is that carpenters measurements??) I
would go for the 4 1/2" inch Daytons. Knock off style Mini-Lites or
Panasports are some where between unobtainium and non-existent, except in 6"
widths.

Larry

--

Larry Macy
78 Midget (with brandy assed new shiney Dayton Chrome wires)

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator