What's in a name

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: What's in a name
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 16:58:27 EDT
In a message dated 9/26/01 11:21:51 AM, type79@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< Yeah, What about a "Box Sprite"?

What is a "Box Sprite"?
Is that like Box Lunch?
Or maybe Jack In The Box?
Or is that a Sprite being shipping in a container on a boat?
Or, let's see, a pugilisticly inclined Sprite?

What if we start calling Bugeyes, round body Sprites?
Or are they just unboxed, or preboxed Sprites?

Very good Jay.  You may call my car a Bugeye or a Sprite, or a Frogeye.
Nobody ever called it a Mark I or a Spridget until somebody came up with
sequels, which is the style in question.  So while I will tolerate Spridget,
I don't want to be something that never existed, so I don't tolerate Mark I.
I am perfectly happy with Sprite Mark III for our other car, even though it
is likely to be even more modified than the "Mark IV in disguise."

I don't mind squarebody, but since you do, hang in there.  But leave my
bugeye out of it, OK.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)