Re: 76 Midget rear end into a Bugeye?

To: SDOliner@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 76 Midget rear end into a Bugeye?
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 21:09:09 -0700
David,

The 3.9 will bolt right up, but if you are switching to a 3.9 to use with a
5 speed, I suspect you will be happier keeping the 4.22. I have recently
been driving a '72 Midget with a 5 speed and a 3.9 and I'm not certaing I'm
happy with the performance. The freeway RPMs are great (about 3000-3100 @
65PMH) but sometimes I find the RPM range through the gears to not feel
right. I have some other performance issues to work out still, but I'm
hearing the same opinions from others with 5 speed and 3.9 combo.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
http://www.gerardsgarage.com/fourpoints