Car stumbles, misses and runs rough

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Car stumbles, misses and runs rough
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 21:50:02 -0400
My Midget has started to run rough and stumble, will barely
accelerate, and I will get the rare backfire out one of the carbs at less than
2500 RPM.  The car will run fine if I pull out the choke to about 1/4 or 1/2.
It was
running fine two days ago, this just started this morning.  Some of
the important information:

    1)  New plugs, points, condenser, dizzy car, and rotor about 1K
    miles ago.
    2)  A quick inspection of the stuff in the dizzy show that the cap
    and rotor are fine, but the points are starting to pit.  How much
    pitting is to much?
    3) I have not check the plugs yet.

Any idea what this might be, over lean, intake air leak.  Any ideas.
Pulling out the choke has confused me.

--
Later,
 Bill                          mailto:w.gilroy@verizon.net

"Facts are the enemy of truth"
77 Midget

PS.  My last post talked about a dizzy center contact that was burned away.
 One lister (Mark C. aka IfixMGS, I think) suggest that it might be that
 the coil was not ballasted or getting 12v when running.  I check it
 and it gets 12v while cranking and 6v when running.  Anyway this
 rotor and dizzy cap look fine.  Who knows.