Re: More Sandblast cabinet suggestions requested (the topic I won't le

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More Sandblast cabinet suggestions requested (the topic I won't let die...
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 08:10:02 EDT
In a message dated 10/3/01 7:13:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
nateley@email.msn.com writes:

<< I use a layer of clear packing tape over the window. Very easy  and cheap
 replace when it clouds. >>

     I have a fits-a-fender sized bead blaster (5' wide x 6' tall x 3' deep).
  I buy a package of hard-surfaced plastic "ripoffs" that stick to the glass
around the outer edges, and about once a year change the glass ($20 for a 12
x 36 tempered  plate)
I cut another   hole in the top to fit a second window and use a 3 bar
fluorescent light to add to the lighting in the cabinet.  Something else
thats nearly indispensible is a foot control. Also, use the largest diameter
plumbing for the air (I use 1" pipe and 1/2" air line to the gun.  A vacuum
system also makes for dust free blasting, and media recovery.   Mark C