RE: Amateur Hour!

To: Daniel1312@aol.com, John.Deikis@med.va.gov, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Amateur Hour!
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 14:26:36 -0500
Cc: MGTD2@aol.com
I use Castrol 20-50 in this car.  Where I use synthetics, I have a
preference for Red Line.
The engine failure was not caused by oil failure, however.  I suspect the
initial cause of the
 chain of events was a poorly miked crank (my fault) that then beat the hell
out of the bearings, or
an inaccurately sized bearing on #3 con rod (the fault of the usual
suspects).