Gearboxes

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Gearboxes
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 16:33:28 -0700
Spridgeteers -

I recently acquired a complete 'smooth case' gearbox, in a box.  It had
been taken down by a mechanic who determined that it would cost the
customer more (at retail) than a re-built ribcase, so the owned opted for
the latter.  This was from a '62 Midget (Mk 1?) 948 cc.  It already had a
1275 swapped in, so a ribcase made sense.

Would anyone want to swap for an old, but usable ribcase for this?  My own
gearbox is nearly terminal and I can't go the $$'s for a 5-speed at this
time.  I'm in the SoCal area,and can travel, a little, if that makes it easier.

regards,

Clay L.
'67 Sprite
DISCLAIMER: JPL now requires notice in all electronic communication that
all personal and professional opinions presented herein are my own and do
not, in any way, represent the opinion or policy of JPL.