Re: new midget owner needs help

To: kgb@clipper.net, dmwcaferacer@hotmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: new midget owner needs help
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 00:36:38 EDT
In a message dated 10/10/01 6:37:36 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
kgb@clipper.net writes:

> Our newest addition
> in a calico tabby kitten named Spridget. I seriously considered naming
> her Prozac, which is what all the other animals have needed since her
> arrival.
> Kate

Well...for all the bitchin' about cats that I do...I was outside tonight
fiddling with the TV cable when I hear the dogs, two Chows, bumping around in
the garden.  I go over to find out what is up, and they've discovered a
litter of kittens from a neighbors damn cat...

Two were killed by the time I got the dogs out of the garden, but a third was
up under a tomato bush and still spitting.  I coaxed him out and my wife
brought a box with a towel in it, and I drove the wee beatie into town to the
animal emergency clinic...$48 for the vet to look at it the lady says.

When the vet came in, to my surprise, he was our family vet that was doing
his part bv volunteering at the clinic.  He looked the kitten over and
pronounced that it was not seriously hurt.  Then he said "you don't really
want to adopt a kitten do you?"

I said no and he said..."why not let me take it to "animal rescue" and find
it a home...and "no charge".

I left the little cotton wad looking feline with him and promised to make a
donation to the animal rescue folks next time I was at his office.  On the
way home I must have forgotten to put on the AC, sweat was running down my
cheeks...or something...

R. Houston

74 Midget...Running!  now just the little things, adjust valves, replace air
filters, change oil, fix tach, fix speedo, fix 4-way flasher, etc, etc,
etc.....
63 TR4 up on blocks!
Too many projects, too little time.