GFT SPRT Saga, continued...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: GFT SPRT Saga, continued...
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 13:36:15 -0500
Good Morning,
        Very entertaining ride in to work this morning what with dense fog and
34F
(F is for Fahrenheit, among other things). I'm not sure why the Sprite with
its headlights and taillights on is less visible to the FUV wrist-steering
drivers, but it is. I mean it's not like they're not already used to
looking down their noses, or anything. And what is it with draping their
wrist over the steering wheel? Unaccustomed to their recent, evolutionarily
speaking, opposing thumb acquisition?
        After an hour at work I had to step out for my bi-annual physical. Soon
after my brain thawed and the rest of me was un-shrinking, my other end was
expanded. (I love doctor's jokes... "I thought you might want a second
opinion, so I used 2 fingers") He, Dr. Marshall Fields (honest) worked his
way through med school fixing cars and knows what I do, so often our
conversations PROgress from health care to cars. He asked why my
temperature was near death and I told him the GFT SPRT story and that I
drove it over. Of course that meant he had to come out to the parking lot
to look and listen, and talk. Some patients in the waiting room smiled,
those with their feet in stirrups were probably less amused.
        All in all, it was a good weekend for Sprite driving. The mornings were
crisp*, and the days were sunny and pleasant*, and the fall color is just
past peak*

*(that's Wisconsinese for just freezing)
*(that's Wisconsinese for the snow doesn't crunch)
*(and that's Wisconsinese for no leaves left, but the corn is still up)

        Have a good week.....  Peter C

"We're twin carburetted and stepping out over the line."