exhausted! back home

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: exhausted! back home
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 14:25:49 -0000
virginia international raceway is quite a tow from central eastern
pennsylvania!    i'm glad to once again make it back home safely and in one
piece.  likewise bringing home the saab still running and in one piece.  but
our morgan has a slightly grenaded engine!   after doing a marathon rebuild
on a fresh short block it dropped #4 intake valve and jambed up the valve
train causing the cam to break and blew a hole out the side of the block.
thousands of dollars of parts and preperation just went down the toilet
(that's racing!).   this cast a shadow over the entire remnaining weekend.
my car did what it has done all weekend (and season)....run green flag to
checkerd flag like a fine clock.   in my sunday feature race i brought home
a second place medalion for my effort to try to reel in the fiat abarth
850T.C. nuremburgring that i had repaired last year (must have done too good
of a job!).   the abarth was running a second faster in lap times all
weekend long.  i knew unless he broke or made a mistake(big one!) i was not
getting past him.   but!  i did have an incredible race all weekend long
with a formula V!  that V had real sticky tires and stuck like glue in
corners where my shaved street radials were sliding and i could out run him
on the long straights!   it was the best racing yet this year!   we got off
course sunday and shook hands congratulating each other on a well run hotly
contested race!  the V was not in my class, but it was fun!  and after he
closely inspected my rear tires on course i was informed that not onlymy
rear tires are lifting up on the inside on corners but he saw some daylight
under my front inside tires too!   there is no driving my car at 9/10ths ,
it 10/10ths all the way!  so that was the season finale for the SVRA.  now i
can pull the morgan's engine and see what we can salvage and get back on
brian's bugeye here...and finish porting frank's head too!    btw!  i
finally met dr. dreadfull......nice car!    ummm, nice rig too!  (nice guy
too!)
so after today's decompression day it's business back to normal here(what
ever that is to mean?).

oh yes!  my saab was decorated asa pumpkin and recieved a prise for the
pumpkin carving contest !

chuck.
you should have seen all those sprites and midgets out there on course!  it
looked like a BMC convention out there!...c.  :)