Weekend at Amy's - Ed - The list Help

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 07:03:05 -0500
Hey folks,

I have been out of town visiting my dad. He has been in and out of the
hospital twice in the last month. Before you all ask - he is OK. But he is
not 100%, won't ever be again.

Anyway. I got an email from Amy over the weekend. She is fine, She has the
car, she can not post to the list. She had trouble while we were there and I
looked at but was too fragged from working on the car to really take the
time to see what was up. Apparently she is no longer on the list but is
planning on rejoining in the spring.

Yes I was a bit PO'ed about the lack of a public "Thank You", but I was
there - most of you were not. I never said anything to the list. I also have
a short memory. I had forgotten what happened with her email. I had asked
Frank, Allen and the others about it, but I believe I kept it off the list.

Still not sure what is going on with her emails and the list. But since part
of the lack of communication was my fault, I want to apologize to Amy,
publicly and openly. Not sure I need to, but better to apologize than loose
a friend.

>>>Amy I am sorry for anything I may have said, publicly or privately. I forgot
about the trouble you were having with your email. Mea culpa. I know you
were very grateful for our help, I know you dropped a dime (well more than a
dime) to feed and house us. I don't feel you should have to endure the
bashing you have taken on the list. Wasn't necessary or appropriate. This
was a private issue and should have stayed that way.

She sent the un used parts back to Ed. According to Amy, Ed never sent a
bill until later. When she got it, she sent him a check. I have no idea what
happened to it, she has no idea what happened to it. But she is chasing it
down. She also plans on paying him again.

I have no desire to get in the middle of this, but maybe I better let Amy
tell it. She asked me to post the following:

----------From Amy:--------

Larry,

 I was told Ed is badmouthing me on the list. I wasn't able to post to
the list since that day I showed you the bounce msg. I haven't even seen
the list in a long time since I couldn't post and had read that everyone
was quitting it due to unrelated messages (no lbc) I heard you and even
frank quit it. Anyway, I asked Ed for a bill when I ordered the parts.
He started claiming I hadn't paid him before he ever sent me a bill. I
had several email correspondences with him at this time. I don't
understand why he claims to have no response. I sent him back the unused
parts once he sent me his address. It was about 2 months after you guys
were here before I got the bill. I told him I would be away until early
August and would send payment then. I got home the second week in August
and mailed a check out. I never heard anything from him again and
thought everything was fine. I was surprised to learn of everything
going on on the list. If there was some sort of problem with the check,
I wish he would have told me. I am going trust that there is a reason
he's saying he didn't get paid and am going to Paypal the money to him
on Nov 1 When my husband gets paid next. I am definitely going to the
bank this week to see what happened to the check.

 I was touched by everyone's generosity when you you guys came to help
me. I was not trying to take advantage of anyone. The car is a childhood
dream come true and I think you know that since there were tears of joy
in my eyes the day I got to drive it. I am heartbroken that someone
would accuse me of false motives. I certainly never had any. I wouldn't
have let everyone stay here and feed everyone 3 meals a day, and tattoo
Chuck if I was trying to get something for nothing. And I recommend to
everyone that they do business with Peter C as I have learned that he
donated some parts anonymously to help me out. He is a real classy guy.
As are all of the fine gentlemen who came to share my home for the
weekend and help me realize a childhood dream.

 I'm not going to waste bandwidth on a personal fight, I didn't even
know I was in. I have no bad words for anyone publicly as it childish
and unclad for. I wouldn't have even sent this to anyone but wanted to
get my side out since it seems I'm being trashed on the list.

 Larry, please post this to list for me as I cannot post myself.

Amy

-----------End of Amy's message-----------

>From what she says - there is a problem betwixt her and Ed, She is trying to
fix it. Give it a rest kiddies.

Larry (More than willing to go to bat for another lister any time. For car
work, for a friend, for whatever!!!)

--

Larry Macy
78 Midget