RE: Windscreen Rubber Seals

To: "Clayton La Baw" <clabaw@jpl.nasa.gov>, <spridgets@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id f9UIEBP00995
Subject: RE: Windscreen Rubber Seals
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 13:20:21 -0500
All the seals fit fine except for the two side post seals ("pillar to
quarterlight").  A local British car mechanic was finally able to get
them installed after several other people gave up and said it couldn't
be done, including a "pro" auto glass shop.  He was doubtful at first,
but was able to get them installed.  When I asked how he did it, he
laughed and said "A lot of work."  So it can be done with the parts
supplied by Moss or VB, eventually.  An old-time British Car mechanic
told me that the MGB seals would fit, only they are slightly too short.
But I never had to try them out.  By the way, my problems were with the
later model windscreens.

Adrian
http://www.midgetweb.com