Re: Turbulators

To: toyman@digitex.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Turbulators
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 15:03:33 EST
In a message dated 11/01/2001 11:55:01 AM Mountain Standard Time,
toyman@digitex.net writes:

> My brother is visiting this week and mentioned to me that Harley offers
> an item that goes between the carb and intake called a turbualtor. It's
> a metal insert with vanes on it that create a tornado like flow of fuel
> into the combustion chamber. It is claimed to increase hp and economy.
> It seems like a snake oil sale to me, anyone else had any experience
> with this type of item. I had always thought that straight into the
> combustion chamber was better than swirling. I hope we can get a serious
> discussion here and put the thought of Robert Houston deprecating
> himself behind us <G>

I deprecate on your swirling!

Is this item from Harley or just a dealer...sounds like a dealer item and as
you said "snake oil".  Ask your brother if the same Harley dealer had any
gasoline pills.

Robert Houston
Santa Teresa, NM
'74 Midget
63 TR4
..
  "If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and
   saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the
   infant's life without even considering if there are men on
   base." - Dave Barry