Re: Purchase Decision Help Required

To: "MACKINNON, DONALD" <donald.mackinnon@bell.ca>
Subject: Re: Purchase Decision Help Required
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 18:08:10 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
"MACKINNON, DONALD" wrote:

> So .. the guy wants $3,500 Canadian (I'm in Toronto) or about $2,300
> U.S.  Assuming no more than the usual nasty surprises, is that a fair
> price?  I'll offer him less of course but what are rough cars going for
> these days?

First, Bugeye chassis #s start with AN5, and there were a few (about 50)
1961 Bugeyes made. None had wire wheels or disc brakes from the factory but many
aftermarket shops did the conversion. It would be Girling disc brakes if they
are
"period" accossories. Or just later Spridget discs if they are Lockheed.

If it runs and looks as good as you say, 2500 US is about the normal price. Of
course $500 is a steal and $5000 is a rip so it sounds right in the middle.

Good luck and if it happens to be a true Speedwell Sprite with Girling disc
brakes
and a few other goodies, you did real well.
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ