'68 Sprite For Sale... any takers?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: '68 Sprite For Sale... any takers?
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 13:42:23 -0500
Greetings folks:

After finally acquiring the 1972 Midget this past Summer, as well as a (now 4
months old) baby girl, I starting to think that I don't quite need three
spridgets.  My 1968 Sprite is sitting in my in-laws garage in a suburb North of
Pittsburgh, PA, and is not getting the attention that it needs.

I have a few pictures available, and while my first thought was that I might
part it out, Frank C. convinced me that the body is too good to cut up.  Some
rust repair was completed on the rear quarters many years ago by the previous
owner, and the only "major" body work required is the replacement of the
bonnet, and the A-post on the passenger side.  Essentially, it is pretty close
to a complete car, with the interior removed.  (I have it).  A bit over 100,000
miles on the odometer.  I replaced several of the ignition and carb components
last year, and with a bit of effort, fired it up.  I drove it around the block
(sitting on a milk crate), ran it through all of the gears, and made sure that
the brakes work.  All of these systems need attention, but someone like Frank
could have the car fully restored within about two weeks with parts from his
garage.  Mere mortals like myself would need a year!

If anyone is interested, $500 takes it.  I'll even through in a new radiator
from Moss (it was installed, although it has a fan mark on it from when my
father-in-law cranked the starter before I had bolted it in to place.)

Please send me an e-mail if interested.  The title is good, and I hate for the
car to sit unattended for too long.  I last had the engine running back in the
spring time this year.

Regards,

Charles
cdsorkin@cdsorkin.com