Re: The Hefner Project & trip

To: nosimport@mailbag.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Hefner Project & trip
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 16:07:31 EST
In a message dated 11/5/01 2:12:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
nosimport@mailbag.com writes:

>     Allen's look?.... priceless, several times.  Worth the drive.
>
>     The color of the Midget is moss green as is easily confirmed by
> matching
> it to the moss growing out of the rockers.  (it used to be BS Orange, as is
>
> easily confirmed by....... never mind)

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

I thought the Moss...er...moss, was put there by our favorite parts supplier.
 It was better than just using a sticker with their logo.  It's just one step
up the evolutionary chain from fungus, isn't it?

It is funny that they sprayed the inside of the boot green, wires and all,
but left the engine compartment orange.  My son was able to get the rusty
pliers to open (once).

It's amazing, because this gift car was somewhat of a prank by these guys,
and I am looking at some valuable parts in it.  The dash is complete with all
gauges and switches.  With a dash cover, it would look pretty good.  Some
gauges are dirty and, of course, I have no idea if any of them work except
the temp part of the dual gauge.

Spring will be filled with projects!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward