Front wheel bearings

To: bugeye@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Front wheel bearings
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 05:08:20 FILETIME=[62788F20:01C16813]
Cc: bluegrassclub@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi,
I have a question I want to post to the list.  I recently got new bearings
for my front wheels (Bugeye with discs up front).  They were tapered rollers
in two pieces (are they all?)  The part number on the old ones (inner) was
34LJT25 R&M Thrust England 97 (ball bearings).  The old ones couldn't be put
in or pulled out with your fingers.  With the new ones Timken 30205/30205M,
the race can be forced in with you hand if you push real hard, and pushed
out by hand if you push real hard.  I can't make the races turn while they
are in.  Good, bad, indifferent.  Can anybody cross-reference these
bearings?  They are obviously a micro-millimeter or two different in outer
diameter.  Can they be used?  Do I need to find a bigger bearing?  How can I
do that?  Thanks for any help you can give.

Ryan