re: Steering Column Play

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Steering Column Play
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 12:01:29 -0500
Bob,

Seems to be working great! I found the 2 bumps on the upper
shaft and drilled out the lower one to 5/32. Drilled really,
really hard, so I don't think it was plastic all the way, or
maybe lots smaller than 5/32?? In any case I inserted a
5/32 bolt/nut just as a test. Stioffened up the whole steering
action! I'm off now to pick up a couple of roll pins.

BTW - would bolts be ok, or do the roll pins have an
advantage?

thanks a million,

chuckC