Re: Need sump advice

To: nosimport@mailbag.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Need sump advice
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 18:52:30 EST
In a message dated 11/12/01 6:36:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
nosimport@mailbag.com writes:

<< To ease the job a bit, I've used a scissors jack to support the pan whilst
 getting the screws tight.   >>

Much easier to have the engine out of the car and up side down on your
kitchen counter. I just let gravity do the work for me.

As I was installing the distributor drive, I was have some kind of dyslexia,
"Is the large offset supposed to be upper most or lower most?" "Should that
be twenty to two, or twenty after ten?" Finally I just turned the manual
upside down. It was either that or stand on my head.

I must say though, putting the head is going to be a bitch.

David Oliner
60 Bugeye
67 TR 4A

PS Thanks to everyone for your advice.