Re: Serial Number ?

To: Dave <lbc@littlebitcountry.com>
Subject: Re: Serial Number ?
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 20:46:34 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Dave wrote:

> Like I said before I'm new to this and am going to ask a bunch of questions.
> Does the numbers in the serial number have any significance?

A = "A" series engine
N = 2 seater
5 = 5th in the line up (5th Healey model)
L = Left hand drive (if it has no L, it was right hand drive)
3-5 digits following the / is the number of the car off the line.
Bugeyes started at number 501 so deduct 500 from your number and this is what
number car you have.

The door post tags have nothing to do with the chassis number although they
should
be close give or take a couple thousand.

> Do the seat pans for the 60 Bugeye have a screen spot welded in

Some had the mesh, some had the solid metal, none had plywood but most parts
cars
do now.
--

Frank Clarici