Re: fuel tank pick up filter

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: fuel tank pick up filter
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 08:31:36 -0500
I had the same problem. I ended up having the guy who cleaned my tank out clean
the pickup tube. What he did was cut it out of the tank, clean it, and then
weld it bcak in. It flows fuel beautifully, but the guy bodged up the threads
on the fitting, I managed to get the fitting in, but it ain't ever coming out.

I'd reccommend some other way of cleaning/removing the gauze.

I also installed an in-line filter just after the tank.

-=Chris
'79 Midget

Chris King   - cbking@alum.rpi.edu

From "shelden" <shelden3 at pldi.net>