to dave's and beyond!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: to dave's and beyond!
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 18:04:28 -0500
saturday afternoon grew later and later as we tried to get to dave's to
inspect what he has bought.   he has the beginnings of a very nice white
bugeye.  it is on 4 wheels but that is about it.   but the body work is
complete and it has a very nice paint job on it.  he will be searching for
numerous "missing items" over the next few months.  we enjoyed our visit in
spite of our son being way too much to handle that evening.  (it figures!
the night you meet someone new and your child acts up with no signs of
relief.....  :(  )
but our next stop that night was gettysburg's down town "gettysburg hotel".
the place ranks on my (new and rather short) list of places to stay if you
are looking for an incredible experience in archetecture and service.  (they
have a really nice bar too!)  on sunday we toured the battlefield and spent
about an hour climbing all over "devil's den's" giant rocks.  it was a great
time!  it was an anniversary that weekend too as there were a large amount
of reenactment individuals all over town in period costume and soldiers(blue
and gray) even marching on the battlefield.   there were even soliders on
horse back!  i have been to gettysburg  numerous times over the years and
this was the first time i saw gettysburg with any more period costumes than
a few individuals here and there for effect.  it was really neat!

we are home and things here are getting back to normal (what ever that
is......)

chuck.