MGA....or AH 3000...but no direct LBC

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA....or AH 3000...but no direct LBC
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 10:52:22 EST
I had saved this to send, and can't remember whether I forwarded it already
or not.  If its a repeat...sorry.  If it's not...enjoy.

'57 CHEVY

Some of you might not be in right age group, but you might enjoy this anyway.
  I t  was relaxing to me to hear the music and read the message attached.
Turn on your sound and remember. . . . You'll enjoy this one.

REMEMBER....

When the worst thing you could do at school was smoke in the bathrooms, flunk
a test or chew gum. And the banquets were in the cafeteria and we danced to a
juke box later, and all the girls wore fluffy pastel gowns and the boys wore
suits for the first time and we were allowed to stay out till 12 p.m.

When an MGA or big Healy, or a Bugeye,  was everyone's dream car. . . to
cruise, peel out, lay rubber and watch drag races, and people went steady and
girls wore a class ring with an inch of wrapped dental floss or yarn coated
with pastel frost nail polish so it would fit her finger.

And no one ever asked where the car keys were 'cause they were always in the
car, in the ignition, and the doors were never locked. And you got in big
trouble if you accidentally locked the doors at home, since no one ever had a
key.

Remember lying on your back on the grass with your friends and saying things
like "That cloud looks like a..."

And playing baseball with no adults to help kids with the rules of the game.
Back then, baseball was not a psychological group learning experience-it was
a game.

Remember when stuff from the store came without safety caps and hermetic
seals 'cause no one had yet tried to poison a perfect stranger.

And...with all our progress...don't you just wish...just once...you could
slip back in time and savor the slower pace...and share it with the children
of the 80's and 90's .....

So send this on to someone who can still remember Nancy Drew, The Hardy Boys,
Laurel & Hardy, Howdy Doody and The Peanut Gallery, The Lone Ranger, The
Shadow Knows, Nellie Belle, Roy and Dale, Trigger and Buttermilk as well as
the sound of a real mower on Saturday morning, and summers filled with bike
rides, playing in cowboy land, baseball games, bowling and visits to the
pool...and eating Kool-Aid powder with sugar.

When being sent to the principal's office was nothing compared to the fate
that awaited a misbehaving student at home.

Basically, we were in fear for our lives, but it wasn't because of drive by
shootings,drugs, gangs,etc.

Our parents and grandparents were a much bigger threat!  But we all survived
because their love was greater than the threat.

Didn't that feel good, just to go back and say, Yeah, I remember that!

And was it really that long ago?

Robert Houston
Santa Teresa, NM
'74 Midget
63 TR4
..
 NOTICE - This message and any attached files may contain disinformation that
is confidential, superfulous, possibly vulgar, and often without taste or any
socially redeeming value intended only for use by the intended recipient or
anyone so unlucky as to accidentally receive this. If you are not the
intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to
the intended recipient, you must have a defective computer so unplug it
immediately and be advised that you have received this message in error and
that any dissemination, deprecation,  copying or use of this message or
attachment in any immoral or un-natural way is strictly forbidden, as is the
disclosure of the information therein, or the source of such information.  If
you have received this message in error...tough...just delete the message.