Re: Tuning the Weber

To: <Midgetracers@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Tuning the Weber
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 09:45:16 +1100
Cc: "Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
> I see your point about less power with 32mm chokes as oppose 34s but was
> coming from the point that I considered a 266 cammed A-Series with the spec
> detailed to be such that 32mm chokes would flow less air than the car would
> need at 6,000 & + rpm and would thereby limit power.

I once had a 1380 with 266 cam and I believe we ran 34mm chokes (but it was a
while ago
so my memory is fuzzy). With a full race 1293cc motor I have used up to 40mm
chokes, but
these chokes in a dcoe45 are not optimal (better to go to a 48mm weber). I went
back to
38mm simply because the venturi effect of the 40 chokes is low enough that
getting accurate
jetting was a nightmare (too much variability)

Having said that, the 266 doesn't really want to rev that much over 6000 anyhow
(6500 IIRC)

> Are you using full radius type rams on your car's engine Mike?
> (www.twminduction.com)

I have some custom radii machined out of a block of alloy. I might try and get
a photo and scan it.

On my other car, I have a cold air box made up for which the radii are
integrated into the
mounting plate (machined out of a block of alloy too).

I have used the 50mm weber ram tubes in the past and have also used a K&N filter
housing with integrated radii (made by HP products - the same guy that makes
that awesome
supercharger kit)

Mike