Re: Valve timing with alot of techo questions.

To: ptegler@gouldfo.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Valve timing with alot of techo questions.
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 12:48:43 EST
In a message dated 11/24/01 12:21:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ptegler@gouldfo.com writes:

<< To the best of my recollection....placing
 your dial indicator on the rod side of the rocker
 is what's going to read the lobe info.
 The error of timing can be your rocker
 ratio accuracy and valve clearance settings
 and accuracies... pertaining to true and
 accurate valve open/close position.

It seems to me that the moment the lifter starts to move, is not the moment
the valve starts to open. That would happen after the rocker traveled the
valve clearance distance.
Which is also why I am confused why the testing clearance is so much greater
than the normal clearance.

David Oliner
60 Bugeye
67 TR 4A