eBayers Beware!!! FILETIME=[8417B9A0:01C176DA]

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "yahoogroups, midgetsprite" <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: eBayers Beware!!! FILETIME=[8417B9A0:01C176DA]
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 18:51:55 -0600
As we all know, eBay is ripe with Caveat Emptor (let the buyer beware).
I found out the hard way, to the tune of $25.76 plus S&H,  that
BritCarSource does not sell genuine Lucas Fault Manuals, but instead
they sell photocopies. The photo on the auction has color and looks like
a softcover book similar to a Haynes. When I asked him if it was a
photocopy, before I bid, he led me to believe it was a softcover book.
Ok, so a photocopy is technically a softcover, but not a $28 softcover.
I was offered a refund but felt that after I let everyone know what they
were truly selling the refund would no longer be offered. I would rather
everyone know the truth about the auction. Those who are other lists, if
you think this warning is valid, please pass it on................ Here
is a link to the auction so that you can see how the photo is
misleading.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=597089724

There are no colors on the copy I received. The color is what made me
believe I was getting a genuine book, well, that and the price. As
always on eBay, BEWARE!
Brad Fornal