Re: S.U. Tuning

To: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: S.U. Tuning
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 07:47:46 -0800
Hi Mike,

There is a lot of mix and match that folks do on rebuilding SU carbs.  You might
be the recipient of this.  Some of the items that are variable on these carbs
are
the internal dimensions of the air chamber, the external diameter of the piston,
the weight of the pistons, the size of the air holes in the bodies.  It's often
the case you do everything right on a nice clean rebuild, but the two carbs
might
not be the same!  Welcome to the delights of DPO carb rebuilds on a possible mix
and match basis!

Paul A