1974 Midget Emissions?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 1974 Midget Emissions?
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 11:17:45 EST
I am putting the finishing touchs of the 1275 rebuild. Friom what I can tell
this came out of  a 1974 Midget.
The water pump pulley has three grooves, with an extra bracket to hang the
air pump(?).
The timing chain cover has a canister.
The valve cover has a bent tube with a small hole in it.
I haven't been able to sort out what is coming or going on the intake
manifold but there is a short rubber hose with a bolt inserted into the end
and hose clamp holding it in place.
The engine did not come with a generator, starter, air pump or PVC valve.
I am planing on using the generator and starter from the 948 which came out
of the car
I do not plan on going over board with the emissions stuff, but I do know
that I have to vent the crankcase. Simple would be better.
If anyone has a picture of a 1275  which might help I would appreciate it.
Was this engine really set up with three belts?

David Oliner
60 Bugeye
67 TR4A