paint job for 2 cents

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: paint job for 2 cents
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:42:26 -0800
I've been spending my evenings for the last month or so stripping al the
paint off my bugeye and getting it ready to paint in the next few weeks.  In
the process of stripping the doors, I pulled out some decades-old black
carpet that was glued into the door pockets.  Under the carpet in the
driver's door, trapped in the contact cement was a 1957 penny.  Strange
thinks I, till I stripped apart the passenger's door.  In the glue under the
carpet was a 1956 penny.  It looks like the PPO deliberately glued a penny
into each door.
So in addition to all the fun of paint stripping and Bondo-ing and
primering, I got paid for my trouble!
I'm tempted to glue them right back in place for the next 42 years.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye
'59 Morris Traveller (Winifred)