Re: My Midget Nov 2001 12:29:25 -0500

To: bcleary@awod.com (Beverly Cleary)
Subject: Re: My Midget Nov 2001 12:29:25 -0500
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 08:53:15 -0500 (EST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Bev-

I will not comment with respect to your
husband's apparent decision to send your
baby to this "excellent" facility or his behaviour towards the "time
factor".

I will only say I am not the obvious nice
guy in these matters as say, Bob Houston
might be! Then again, he's still married!! :)
(Of course, if he keeps getting phone calls
from the El Paso Singles Club as they
attempt to set him up with others........
well, who knows?!)

You know, now is the perfect time to clean up the engine compartment,
generally speaking. Maybe flatbedding
the car back home until D&D's is ready
to reinstall the engine is a good idea.

You'll have it "home" and not hanging around their lot which should help
you
to feel a little better, and doing something
productive in cleaning up the engine bay
while the engine is out, should help you
feel a LOT better.

I am sorry you find yourself in this position. Having owned LBC's in one
form
or another since I could drive and having
lavished love and care on same, I can
empathize with your situation.

OK, I can't stand it anymore! I can't hold
it in! Ya know one of the reasons I let my
2nd wife go? She wad jealous of the care and affection I lavished on my
old 1964 MG "B"! (I guess she thought she needed
to be torn down and rebuilt, too??)

Wife: "You love your airplanes and sportscars more than you love me"

Me: "Yeah, so.......and, your point?"

(Actually, I loved them as much as I loved
her; I love(d) my whole life, really. I mean
I put it together so I am responsible for it,
right? I mean, how else could it BE??!)

Hope your hubby increases his efforts on
your behalf, really, in view of the fact going to D&D's was apparently
his idea.

If not, KILL HIM!! :)

Cap'n. Bob
    '61 :{)