Re: 20 star flag

To: "Spridgets-Autox.team" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 20 star flag
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 11:18:10 -0500
That's interesting. There were no flags added after the 15 star flag in 1795
until the 20 star flag in 1818. I had understood that a new flag is supposed
to be released on July 4th of any year in which a new state has been added to
the union.

However I have just now found that resolution regarding adding stars didn't
pass until 1818, therefore the 1818 flag was a catching up. Subsequent new
flags were supposed to be released in accordance with the new resolution which
says "on the admission of every new state into the Union, one star be added to
the flag, and that such addition shall take effect on the fourth of July then
next succeeding such admission.".

Well, I've learned my new thing for today. Can I go home now?

<dnw>
1972 Midget
1998 Safari
1999 9-3