Have a Good One, Guys!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Have a Good One, Guys!
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 21:49:22 EST
Gosh it is so easy to take simple things for granted, like friends.  Like
friends on this mail exchange.  It is more than a mail exchange--it is
people, guys and gals, who really care about one another even beyond our
magnetic element, our cars.  If you question that at all, just get together
with a group of Spridgeteers and you will notice an uncanny familiarity and
relaxation, an acceptance that seems to go with the territory.  Recently
there was a thread where members were listing the listers whom they had met.
That is really special.  And if you never meet anyone on the list, it still
is special to know that they are all there, ready to help in need, or lighten
up and goof off onlist, much to the chagrin of the list police.

In that vein, I wish you all a Good One, Guys--a very Merry CHRISTmas and a
wonderful, safe, and healthy New Year.  We recently lost Roy Rogers to an
automobile crash, such a tragic loss to his family and to our group of
friends.  I never met Roy, but we were supposed to meet at the Southeastern
Classic.  Turned out I could not make the meeting.  As the clock ticks upon
the midnight hour of January 1, let's all pause for a moment of silence in
the memory of Roy and those whom we have lost before him and drink a quiet
toast to their memory.  Then turn to celebrate life, friendship, and family
as we begin a new and always uncertain year.

I look forward to seeing all you old friends again, and soon meeting many of
you whom I have never met.

--David C.