More compressor stuff - good deals.... No real LBC

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: More compressor stuff - good deals.... No real LBC
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 17:04:59 -0500
Cc: michael.graziano@csfb.com
All,

Thanks for all the help a while back on compressors.  I found a unit that will
fill all of my needs, and at a very reasonable price.

Does anyone have any experience with PorterCable compressors?  The unit I
decided on is a 7HP 60 gallon tank oil unit.

http://www.porter-cable.com/cgi-bin/products.cgi?method=byid&prod_id=CPLC7060V

Product details are as follows:

Compressor, Model #CPLC7060V
7 HP(peak), 60 gallon stationary oil lube compressor
vertical tank
220 Volt induction motor with manual thermal overload protection
Higher operating pressure for more work. 110 PSI start and 135 PSI stop
High output of air: 12.1 SCFM @ 40 PSI/9.7 SCFM @ 90 PSI
Cast iron cylinder sleeves
Pump contains automotive style pistons, rings and connecting rods
Large tank pressure gauge
Full-size belt guard
Patented automatic belt tensioning device
CUL listed with ASME constucted air tank and safety valve to meet codes

And for only $375 + tax.  Now I just need to make a decision on quality.  Good
Reviews/Bad Reviews on PorterCable compressors?  It's local, so I can pick it
up with the Outback.  I wonder if it'll be a problem lying it on it's side for
the trip home.  Anyone know if the oil is filled at the factory?

Michael
'78 Midget
'87 300ZX
'01 Outback VDC

oh.. and the wife's crummy '95 Ford Probe.