Bugeye Grille

To: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bugeye Grille
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 00:05:53 -0800 (PST)
Question for Bugeye owners out in Spridget Land. I
picked up a steel Bugeye front clip yesterday along
with all of the assorted mounting hardware, hinges,
clips, etc. Hopefully by spring my '68 Sprite "Bugsy"
will a least from the front look like a Bugeye, hence
the nickname. Front clip has the grille but not the
chrome surround piece that goes around the grille. The
MOSS and VB book show the Bugeye grille as a one piece
unit. Were there changes in the grille from '59-61.
Anyone got a chrome grill trim piece they are
interested in selling? How does it mount? There is a
fair amount of bondo covering up who knows what but
for the most part the front clip is sound. Will need
some dents and bumps smoothed in the hood but I wanted
to learn bodywork anyway. Thanks in advance for the
help.

Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite ( future Bugeye to be)
Dayton, OH