Re: 74 Midget Suspension Rebuild Suggestion--stiffeners

To: PilotRob@webtv.net, mlegreve@powercom.net
Subject: Re: 74 Midget Suspension Rebuild Suggestion--stiffeners
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 08:50:04 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 12/31/01 8:12:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
PilotRob@webtv.net writes:

> How does one tell whether coils need
> replacement. Leaf springs "sag" so, "'ya
> know".

In Daniel's "Power Tuning. . ." book, he mentions and pictures rear spring
stiffners from the Ron Hopkinsin handling kit.  Anyone tried them?  Daniel
speaks highly of the handling improvement the stiffeners give the Spridget.
Actually they look rather makable.   I wonder what the handling kit goes for?
 It includes a front anti-sway bar and connectors.  Wonder if any of our
listers across the pond could check, if any of you happen to be in the area?
       Ron Hopkinson MG Parts Centre, 850 London Road, Derby, Derbyshire DE2
8WA, England.  Tel:  01332 756056.

--David C.