where to start

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: where to start
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 10:22:13 -0800 (PST)
Boys and Girls,

Thank you for the warm welcome to the list.  It's
great to know that vast knowledge is only an e-mail
away.

Quick introduction:

My name is Joe Cote'.  I live in ferndale, Mi.  I have
owned my 1969 Sprite for a little over 10 years.

I was 18 when I purchased the car.  My love of english
cars has gone back as far as I can remember.  On the
same token, my dream has always been to own one.

I was fortunate enough to find the car of my dreams...
British Racing Green, Black Interior, and no rust!
Matter of fact, I could not even argue the price $500!
 What a steal! (I think) ;)

I have never worked on the car... a little scared, and
a little naive.  Long story short, I now have a place
where I can work on my car, and a resource I can use
when questions arise.  A friend, and myslef did a
compression check before the car was put to rest (10
years ago).  The numbers that are coming to mind
ranged from 90 - 120.  Mind you, this was almost 10
years ago.

I have purchased a few manuals, and am getting
familiar with the terminology... sump. and what not.

My Goal:  I would love to use the car as a daily
driver during the summer months.  The car seems to
still be in great shape, body that is.  I am concerned
with the engine, suspension, and anything else that I
should be aware of after a 10 year long rest.

First question: Where do I start?

I know that this is an extremely vague question to
begin with... but I am pretty vague myself when it
comes to working on this project.

EOJ  (JOE spelled backwards)