4 Forward Speeds plus now Reverse

To: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: 4 Forward Speeds plus now Reverse
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 21:38:22 -0800 (PST)
Great news. The problem of "Where's Reverse" has been
solved. Thanks to advice from this site and special
thanks to Frank C., Bugsy can now go forward as well
as backward. Turns out that plunger / shift lock
mechanism was jammed/rusty and would not allow me to
press down on the shifter and engage reverse. It
simply would not go there. After several weeks of
cogitating and going on some great advice, I took off
shifter and on right side of tranny is a pop up
shifter lock out lever that prevents you from
accidentally engaging reverse. I took a long thin
screwdriver and gently moved spring up and down. I
added a little bit of WD-40 to lubricate and Voila!
Reverse now works. I'm amazed what a little bit of
logic will do to fix this car.

Bugsy's back making progress once again. Carpets and
new vinyl on the interior are in process right now.
Recovering the radio console is an absolute b*****!
4-5 hours of effort and I'm not all that happy with
the results. I love contact cement and spray
adhesives. NOT!
Fenders come off next week and bodywork on the Bugeye
clip will start to commence. I get to learn how to use
a Body Hammer and Dolly. Can't wait. Goal is on the
road by Spring!

=====
Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Dayton, OH
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/