Re: Early Hood Frame

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>
Subject: Re: Early Hood Frame
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 14:38:10 -0500
Cc: JARplanner@aol.com, bugeye@yahoogroups.com, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Brad Baby,

(I was happy before your email, but thanks for asking.)

Everyone is correct here. Jim, the difference in the frames is that the earlier
frame lacked the tension springs. Things got tense with the introduction of the
"new" windscreen assembly.

In developing the Cardboard-Box-Body, or is that Jack-In-The-Box-Body,
whatever!,
silly term anyway, engineers in the think tank developed the highly
sophisticated
and fashionable "split frame" for the new Sprite Mk.II. Automotive designers
were
stunned upon its introduction and the industry was all abuzz about this new
"split
frame". It opened up endless possibilities.

After considerable negotiations it was finally decided to allow MG to use the
design as well, for their upcoming copy of the little Austin-Healey.

And that's it in a nutshell. Spridget history. Some of it is in the books, some
of
it is not. Some of it is just fabricated in the present to make the writer
appear
to be knowledgeable. Whatever works.

Brad, have a great day in sunny Texas. Say Hi to J.R.
Jim, forget about all of this top nonsense. You don't need no stinking top in
San
Juan Capistrano in the first place.

jay f.
Wasting Away in Innocentiville. (CT)