Re: Subaru power in a spridget...

To: mgraziano@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: Subaru power in a spridget...
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 13:06:28 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 1/11/02 1:25:59 PM Mountain Standard Time,
mgraziano@mindspring.com writes:

> the cars rusted out from under them.  apparently,  the old subaru engines
> are 1st choice for people who build kit airplanes.  they must be reliable
> if people are putting them in airplanes.  I wouldn't want my thrust washer

I don't know...different sort those that build areoplanes in the garage.  The
even like MAzda rotaries and VW buzzers.

Ask Fisher Jones about his machine shop owner in San Antonio.  You can tell
he's a machinist because he's missing at least one finger off each hand.

He was flying his ultralight near San Antonio when he started to smell a
funny burning smell, then felt a brief violent vibration, only to see his
wooden prob go pinwheeling by the plan on the way to the ground.

He managed to glide in and coast all the way back to his hanger...but he
never did go looking for the prop.

RH

74 Midget...Running!  now just the little things, adjust valves, replace air
filters, change oil, fix tach, fix speedo, fix 4-way flasher, etc, etc,
etc.....
63 TR4 up on blocks!
Too many projects, too little time.