Jolly hockey sticks

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Jolly hockey sticks
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 14:00:03 EST
Hello List.
I have been away, and off list for a week or so.
I was catching up on my email and describing my most recent purchase to a
friend in England, attributing it to a "fit of boyish impulsiveness." He told
me the term in England is "Jolly Hockey Sticks."  Not sure of the literal
meaning, but it isn't going to take rocket science to figure that one out.
He owns a TR4 and after I told him that the Bugeye handles better than my
TR4A, he was sure that the TR suspension must be messed up.
I have a solid axle TR4A, with Michelin Redlines on (wider) TR6 wheels. No
pulls or shakes in the steering. Stock torsion bars, really don't know the
condition of the shocks.
Told him my first sports car experience was in a TR3, yada, yada, yada, but
the Bugeye on stock wheels and radial tires handles better. This might be in
part because if you juice that TRactor engine, in a corner, you don't have to
turn around to see where you just were.
Comments?
And while we are on handling, has anyone ever tried to put a Mini drive train
into a Spridget?
David Oliner
59,60 Bugeyes
67 TR4A