Re: Reskinning Doors

To: James Gruber <thistle_3619@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Reskinning Doors
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 12:01:54 -0500
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Jim,

I have the book you mention, and I've looked up the reskinning procedure. It
doesn't look all that bad, and actually includes a bit on replacing the bottom
bit that usually rots as well. I was just wondering if anyone had actually gone
the re-skin route, and if there are any gotchas that the book may not have
mentioned? ;-)

I'm thinking that I'm going to attempt the re-skin. The advantage is that you
can ge inside the door easier and clean out any rust that may be there!

-=Chris
Learning as I go!

Chris King   - cbking@alum.rpi.edu
http://members.home.net/kvcbk/