Re: Tranny fluid check

To: DLancer7676@cs.com, spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tranny fluid check
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 05:50:15 -0800 (PST)
 David,
I use the access hole in the tunnell on the drivers side.  Look under the
carpet just behind the radio console.  To get an accurate check the first time
you will still have to get the car up where you can drain the oil.  Then fill
it from the access hole inside with the correct measure.  Just make a note of
where the level is when the right ammount is in the box.  The next time you can
check and add oil if needed in just a few minutes.  I am not sure if all the
spridgets have this access hole so just look at yours.  Good luck.
Lon / RedMidget
  DLancer7676@cs.com wrote: Anybody ever develop a good way to check the tranny
fluid without crawling
under the Spridget? It is kind of a tough one because it has to be level, so
jacking up one end won't do it--you have to jack up one end, put stands under
it, then jack up the other end. No lift at home, of course. Or lose a
hell of a lot of weight so you can slide under that low body. Ugh! Maybe a
dipstick system from the passenger compartment?
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail.