"Madman" Muntz and Sprite questions

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: "Madman" Muntz and Sprite questions
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 08:34:54 -0600
Again, one-upmanship rears its ugly head...

My 48 Plymouth cost $28 -- all of my lawn-mowing savings from the summer.
It belonged to the son of a friend of my Dad. The first week the son had it
running he got 13 speeding tickets (a record in our small So Cal town); Dad
asked me (in front of his son), "How much money you got? Sold!" Before I
blew it up it had been nosed, decked, put in the weeds with a Dago rake,
twin carbs, split dual exhaust, home-sewn naugahide seats ("A lot of naugas
died to cover those seats..."), milled head, Appleton spotlights, and
turned a rousing 17.6 @ 69 mph at the Santa Anna blimp base drags in 1958.

But the dash lights didn't work, so I never experienced the changing colors.

Requisite Sprite thread -- having not raced in HP for since 1973, and still
awaiting my GCR and PCS, can anyone tell me the legal width for rims? Is
brake ducting still allowed? How about a cool air duct to the carbs? Are 1
1/4" SU carbs still the maximum?

Thanks,

Bob Marcho