Re: Rims...

To: converse@centurytel.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rims...
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 08:50:24 EST
In a message dated 01/20/2002 1:30:52 AM Eastern Standard Time,
converse@centurytel.net writes:

> Okay...it's gotten cold and my tires aren't holding air...they are leaking
> around the rims. I've had them sandblasted and I'm still having trouble
> with one tire. These are new tires...so, do I need another rim? What do I
> do?? LOL...I've gotten darn good at changing a tire!!! Oh, and another
> question...I still have the original tire tool for my MG...what little good
>
> it does. Finally, I wised up and got socket wrench out...NOW...what IDIOT
> designed that tire tool

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

There is a sealer available that you smear on the edge of the rim when you
mount the tire.  The tire shop used it on my newly sandblasted and painted
Rostyles when I bought the new tires.  No leaks, and my rims were pretty
rusty.

You could also put an inner tube in.

Allen Hefner
"send chuck to sebring" fund coordinator (another Saab story!)
Send donations via PayPal to my e-mail address - ajhsys@aol.com
Checks should be made out to: Charles F. Christ Sr.
Snail mail to me at:
PO Box 286
Abington  PA  19001-0286