Re: Midget 1500 "transmission" noise

Subject: Re: Midget 1500 "transmission" noise
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 21:42:11 -0600
Brent,

I think I feel the vibration with the driveshaft disconnected from the gearbox,
but I don't hear the noise anymore.  Trevor suggested that the driveshaft may be
amplifying the vibration.

The universals and driveshaft are rusty and I am assuming original (I haven't
had
the car long).  The mounts are probably original too; I have never pulled the
engine.

There was a loud noise at 38mph when driving and before I disconnected the
driveshaft.  I can't hear the noise with it disconnected.  Would you mind if I
sent you a wav file of the sound (off the list of course)?

Is it possible to examine a Spridget driveshaft in place?  I'm guessing the
engine/gearbox must come out to remove it?

Tyson