Heritage Motor Centre 2002 Schedule

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Heritage Motor Centre 2002 Schedule
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 04:16:11 -0800 (PST)
Hi Team,

I just received the 2002 schedule of the Heritage
Motor Centre in the UK and thought I'd pass it along
in case any of you are planning trips to the UK this
year. Seems a little strange that they apparently
don't have anything scheduled to commemorate the 50th
anniversary of the Austin-Healey (maybe it was bumped
by that "Volvo Marque Day"?), but perhaps enough
e-mail messages from all of us will spur some
re-thinking there!  Please address those e-mails to:
jonmac@heritagemotorcentre.org.uk
As you can read in John's message below, he's in
charge of "Corporate Services - Clubs & Group Visits."

Happy Golden Anniversary Healeying,
Reid Trummel
www.healeyhighlights.com
--------------------
Dear Fellow Enthusiast
We have recently mailed out our 2002 Events Programme
to all UK Clubs.  We know that during the course of
any one season, many visitors come to the Centre from
overseas and we are always delighted to see them.  At
the risk of bandwidth, please find below, details of
our forthcoming
programme which you may wish to reproduce in whole or
in part in your Club magazine or Newsletter. Please
also feel free to circulate it among other enthusiasts
in your vicinity.
May we just say that if any of your members are
planning to visit the UK during 2002 and is looking
for a Classic Car weekend during their stay,
hopefully there will be something in our programme
that may be of interest to them. It goes without
saying that we will be pleased to receive them and if
they would like to contact me by email before leaving
home, I will be pleased to arrange for them to receive
suitable authorisation to admit at our Clubs
concessionary rate of GBP6.00 and not GBP8.00. I will
also be pleased to answer any queries you may have.

Regards - and for those in the northern hemisphere,
enjoy the summer!

John Macartney
Corporate Services - Clubs & Group Visits
Heritage Motor Centre
Gaydon

Direct line: 01926 645071
Fax: 01926 641555
http://www.heritage.org.uk

2002 EVENTS PROGRAMME AT THE HERITAGE MOTOR CENTRE,
GAYDON

31 March - "The Tiddliwinks Run." Road Run for any
British car up to 1000cc and first licensed before 31
Dec 1980
21 April - "The Primrose Run." Road Run for any
British car first licensed before 31 Dec 1980
5 May - Land Rover Day
12 May - Henry Ford Day
26 May - Standard Triumph Day. 55 Years of Vanguard,
40 years of Spitfire, 35 years of TR5/TR250
9 June - MG Owners Club - National Day
16 June - Classic Commercial Vehicle Motor Show
23 June - "The Elgar Run." Road Run for any British
car first licensed before 31 Dec 1980
30 June - Wellington to Land Rover Day. This marks the
60th Anniversary of the site becoming an operational
station for the Royal Air Force flying
Wellington bombers - and closing the circle with that
same site now being used as a Land Rover Product
Research and Development Centre.
14 July - SUPERCAR SUNDAY
28 July - Jaguar Driver's club - National Day
4 August - MG Marque Day. We'll be celebrating 40th
Anniversary of MGB
25 August - "The Three Counties Trundle." Road Run for
any British car first licensed before 31 Dec 1980
1 September - Volvo Marque Day
8 September - Vintage Tractor and Stationary Engine
Day
22 September - "The Pike and Musket Run." Road Run for
any British car first licensed before 31 Dec 1980
6 October - Mini Marque Day
20 October - "Autumn Leaf Run." Road Run for any
British car first licensed before 31 Dec 1980
26 October - Grand Fireworks Extravaganza

Vehicle displays and participation in the Road Runs
programme are subject to pre-booking. Please feel free
to forward this post to any friends who you think may
find it of use or interest.
Regards to all. Enjoy the summer, the wind in your
hair and all the *pleasures* that LBC ownership brings
in its wake.
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/