Fw: transmission noise

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: transmission noise
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 08:15:30 -0500
The prop shafts are balanced. If you replace the u-joints, you should have
the balance rechecked by a reputable shop that has the equipment for this.
Have you ever seen a little flat piece of metal welded on the side of a
shaft? That is a balancing weight.

Since the shaft is balanced, it does not matter which way you install it. A
lot of people will reinstall it as it was just to be on the safe side but
the rotating mass of the transmission tailshaft, prop shaft and rear end
gears are not balanced together from the factory...

Kent
1960 Bugeye

Subject: Re: transmission noise