Re: Glass Bonnet/ RWA Midget/ Riley RMF and RMB

To: "Rob Lewis" <rob.lewis@photondynamics.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Glass Bonnet/ RWA Midget/ Riley RMF and RMB
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 15:57:28 -0500
the bonnett on 642 HPA takes a standard bugeye grille and has no raised rib
or ridge down the center of the bonnet from the rear , forward to just over
the grille opening.  the two are quite similar!  but not matching.   good
try though!   i have been interested in who manufactured the one i have for
a few years(since purchase).   initially i thought it might be a speedwell.
and for what i paid it was cheap enough to just take home and stash it away.
mine has some damage and was on a yellow with broad 1950's type center
racing stripe race car.   upon purchase mine had been sprayed gray primer
over the old finish.   fiberglass work does not phase me.  the bonnet damage
is an easy repair for me to do.   but i have just put it in storage and it
will stay there untill i'm ready for it.   parish plastics?  who knows?
but it is definitly not a speedwell!   to date no magazine articles from the
period or manufacturers brochures have surfaced to positivly identify the
bonnet.   there have been some very well educated guess's.   i'd just loove
to see a scan of the original mfgr.'s advertisement?   we tried this a year
ago with pictures on gerard's web site.   that is how we found the few
others around the country.   but still no one knows for certain who
manufactured it...yet.

chuck.