Not Spridget, but an amusing LBC headline

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Not Spridget, but an amusing LBC headline
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 12:59:15 -0500
This was picked up by Reuters today, and posted on the Yahoo news site.
Frankly, I can't think of any truly witty remarks about this, but I'm sure some
other listers can...  Did BL ever market stuff like this?

With weather like it is today in NYC, I hope I'll be getting some LBC driving
time in soon.  Woo-hoo!

Regards,

Charles

Monday January 28 7:02 AM ET
Aston Martin Chiefs Told to Dump Bondage Gear
LONDON (Reuters) - Aston Martin, James Bond's top carmaker, has withdrawn
handcuff keyrings and leather underwear merchandise after its U.S. parent Ford
complained about their bondage connotations, a British newspaper said on
Saturday.

The British-based luxury sports car company has ordered designers to come up
with a more restrained collection of branded lifestyle goods, according to the
Financial Times.

Nearly 4,000 customers received catalogs featuring scantily clad models and
offering silver handcuff keyrings, handcuff belts, ``perforated leather boxing
shorts'' and ``denim suede boxers.''

Among the recipients was Edsel Ford, a member of the American car company's
founding family and a keen churchgoer and advocate of family values, the
Financial Times said.

Aston Martin declined to comment on the controversy, the Financial Times said,
but a spokesman did confirm that the company would be reprinting the catalogs
with 20 new items.

``We are re-evaluating the range and will come out with a new range, including
pens and briefcases, that are more conventional,'' he was quoted as saying.